17 February 2008

Design in Danish

While in Denmark I was met with a rather different kind of challenge. ISU wanted me to design an A4 4 Page invite for one of their up and coming projects. In itself, it's the kind of job I'm used to. However, I was in Denmark and therefore had to use their computers. The operating system was in Danish and so was the design software. I surprised myself, I designed the whole thing without being able to read the software menus. I guess I proved to myself how well I know the software by using the shortcuts and simply remembering where things were in the menus. Danish isn't like French or German, it is quite different to English, so this was definately a challenge.

The end result was ISU being extremely pleased with the design makeover I gave their invite, aswering our question of "can we work together despite the language barrier?" and also me feeling rather proud of myself.

ISU have showed alot of interest in using me for other work. Fantastic, and they are also a great pleasure to work for.

No comments: