25 September 2009

America photography trip

It's been a long time dream of mine to publish a book of photographs depicting various parts of American culture. I figure these photographs taken with an English eye would create some interesting results. We all know that American culture is full of absurdities and uniqueness, or maybe that is just me - because I'm English. Either way, I've thought about it a lot.

This month, I traveled to the States and spent twenty five days driving around, meeting people and taking photographs. I had a whale of a time. You can see some of the photographs in the portfolio section on my website.

I started the trip in Kansas City, Kansas. I ventured East through Missouri, Ohio, and stopped for a while in Michigan. I then continued on to Pittsburg, PA for a few days which was an eye opener. I stayed in the ghetto. My last stop was Virginia, before turning back to Kansas City for my flight home.

All in all, I had driven 5500 miles and taken over 2000 photographs. I learned alot and it was ALOT of fun, I will be doing it again for sure.

No comments: