22 January 2011

Andrex PuppyWorld

Back in November I mentioned some Andrex concepts, I also stated I didn't want to talk about it and give myself bad luck. Well, it turns out Andrex loved the concepts and we've been full steam ahead.

I've been part of a fairly large team, having the role of artworker & punsmith (I'll get to that later). Andrex PuppyWorld is a parallel dimension where puppies walk upright and live and act like humans. This is shown in the tv commercial where our star puppy (which is animated) had his own house. My job was to artwork this house into reality.

Let me put that another way. We built a replica of the animated house, standing over 2m high and over 15m wide. Yes, it's actually almost house sized! The point of it is for the general public to enter it an experiencial couple of minutes, thus increasing the impact of the campaign strategy.

I had to artwork the floor, the outer walls, the inner walls, the archway. You name it, the lot. Twas a massive job, and I loved it.

I mentioned earlier that I was also a punsmith. In one of the rooms in the house, there is a full bookshelf. I was given the additional task of coming up with some doggy puns for book titles. Which of course I relished because I love punnery. Paw & Peace, Bone with the Wind, A Pugs Life etc. I came up with 45 of these beauties. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed my favourite...

The Lion, The Bitch & The Wardrobe.

No comments: