14 December 2011

Andrex Washlets 8 page gatefold leaflet designs

On the 27th of November I posted about the deadline of this particular job - I had a day to complete it.  I cracked on and got it done, I was working from home so the tight deadline was stress free.  There seems to be more stress on tight deadlines when I'm asked to go into the studio and work amongst the project managers and account handlers. They do a difficult job well, but it easy to slow down an art-worker with interruptions.  From my home studio, there are no interruptions and I can work straight through (listening to my own preference of music!)

Although I completed the work in time for the deadline, there were production complications and the deadline was put back by a few weeks. This allowed Andrex the luxury of having time to get me to tweak the leaflet here and there. Various text changes and visual amends.

Deadlines are funny things.  Sometimes a tight deadline will create some great artwork - some creatives thrive under pressure.  Sometimes a distant deadline will lead to an idea being over scrutinized and will eventually become weak. At other times, a longer deadline will allow minor tweaks to make the design look just right. The latter is how this particular scenario panned out.

Various design versions have followed the leaflet created on the 27th.  We are now awaiting confirmation on which idea Andrex prefer, the artwork creation will follow their decision.

No comments: