11 December 2011

Andrex Washlets PowerPoint visuals

When I'm asked to create something in PowerPoint, I always feel like I'm cheating myself and the client. Don't get me wrong, PowerPoint is good bit of software for putting together fast presentations to be shown in the average office.  As a creative however, it has many limitations. Making a PowerPoint slide show look different to others created in the same software is not an easy task.  I find the controls clunky, and I'm always disappointed with the end result. Visual effects and text control is limited. For the record, when a client asks me to create a slide show without specifying the software - I will use Keynote, or After Effects. These will lead to a much more dynamic looking result.

I digress, I was asked to create a PowerPoint slide show by the marketing agency. The show was going to be a simple tool by which we show the powers at be at Andrex where we are with our designs and artwork. I guess all of that waffle in the last paragraph is irrelevant in this situation. PowerPoint allowed me to quickly drop in visuals allowing this mini job to be completed without detracting from time spent on the overall artwork of the final job.

Sometimes PowerPoint is perfect for a job, what can I say. I just like to do the best job I can.... and I like to moan!

No comments: