27 March 2012

FSS Trade Press Adverts

I was asked to create a trade press advert, or I should say three variants. The advert would be placed in three different publications and each one would be a completely different size.  This depended on how much magazine space FSS had bought.  One advert was a full page, one was a half page advert and the last one was a quarter page horizontal. I first created the full page advert and then once the client had seen it and approved, I adapted it to fit the other sizes.

If you are not familiar with the term "trade press" I'll explain. Trade press refers to publications (magazines or directories) that are read by executives at companies.  For instance, a Coke Cola executive would peruse the trade press for ways to save/make money for their brand. Whereas an everyday person would read the kind of magazine you'd buy in the news agent.

This difference is very important, and also for design.  A trade press advert must be clear, concise and free from nonsense.  Nonsense isn't the best word I admit, but you will see what I'm trying to say when you see the below advert. This advert is not the kind you would see in the pages of a news agent magazine.




No comments: