27 October 2011

Director of an indepent film

It was only last week I was telling a friend how I yearned to work on another independent film. I've worked on four previously as a Director of Photography, Art Director and amateur actor. It was always a lot of fun. I've been dieing to direct my own film, but have always struggled with ideas for a story - as this is not my strength. My strength is visualization, not writing. As a strange quirk of fate, I was asked yesterday if I would be interested in directing a film based on an old school friends' story.

After an informal meeting down the local pub, I of course jumped at the chance. I can't begin to explain how excited I am about the opportunity. The genre is horror, and right now this is as much as I know. Although my friend has many written stories, he wants to create a new one from scratch. We have decided to meet up each week for the next couple of months to come up with something we're both happy with. I will keep you posted.

No comments: