30 October 2011

Pregnancy photographs: Kelly

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by an old friend who I studied photography with at Spelthorne College. We hadn't been in contact for over a decade, this was recently rectified by the wonderful Facebook. During our decade of no contact she had married and had a child. She is now heavily pregnant (8 months I believe) and wishing to have some photographs taken. This is not my area at all, but I willingly said yes. Very excited to be seeing her again and catching up.

I was surprised that she had asked me but she said,

"I had some photographs taken of my last pregnancy, but this time I wanted some professional ones done. You were the first person I thought of."

I am extremely touched with her sentiment. We had done a lot of studio shoots together as youngsters and here we were again. I refused payment but we came to a mutual agreement, I would happily take the photographs and in return I could use her studio and lighting set up as and when I need it.

It was great to see her and try my hand at pregnancy photography. The best part of this whole thing is that like me, Kelly is a Creative - which means I'm allowed to be as artistic as I like. I definitely didn't want to churn out the standard style of pregnancy photos that we have all seen.





No comments: