18 April 2012

New Blog #3 - Rew-torials

The third and final new blog created for the Rewkachu collective is Rew-torials.

Rew-torials is a blog is a place for creative tips for intermediate designers and adventurous beginners.  Many times during my career I've had to google how to do a certain thing in the software that I use.  There are multitudes of sites offering such tips, which is great. However, I always found that their sites had confusing layouts, crazy text sizes everywhere, a billion pop-ups and about sixteen too many adverts.

So here are some self imposed rules I will follow:


  1. I strive to NEVER have any pop-ups (if any do creep on to my page unbeknown to me, due to adding a widget or two…. please let me know and I’ll swiftly kill it!)
  2. I strive for a clean design, with logical text sizes.  After all, I specialize in promotional design and understand the importance of readable/non-confusing text.
  3. I strive to not have any ads.  Ok, well, maybe a couple (we all need extra revenue).  But I will not allow them to detract from the content you have come to see.
  4. I strive to create clear and concise tutorials that will rival any out there.
I haven't set myself any goals as to how many, or how regularly I will post on this blog. I've left it open to suggestion, or as and when I think of a problem that I once googled - I'll add it.




No comments: