18 November 2011

ISU Plus - 200 x 120cm Banner

Last year I created a large 2 x 1.2m canvas print to hang in the ISU Plus office. This would be the first thing viewed by anyone visiting them, so it had to be clean, striking and stylish. After creating the recent 2 x 0.85m roll-ups for their expo stand, they wanted me to design a more generic, much larger canvas print to hang in the office in place of their old one.

The brief was explicit in saying the new design had to remain stylish and clean, yet fit in and reflect the much bolder roll-ups. The reasoning was that this much larger canvas print would hang in the foyer of the office, but occasionally be taken down and transported to the expos to hang behind the newer roll-ups.

For this we decided that the original ISU Plus blue should be used, and I then added the wall of text graphics to tie them all in together.

Finally, the client asked me to print the canvas myself and ship it to Denmark. They have been extremely happy with my prints in the past, and have had a few setbacks and flat prints when using a Danish printer. This of course was at an additional cost, but they thought it was worth it for the vibrant prints my contact is capable of. Interestingly, my contact has recently upgraded their canvas printing machinery, so their prints are now even brighter than they were before!

No comments: