1 January 2012

Andrex Washlets floor ripple development

With the Andrex Washlets experiential campaign looming, I had to put some time in on New Years Eve and New Years Day. I was working from home and I'm not one of these people to moan about working on public holidays.  Being self employed I tend not to have weekends at the same time as other people.  This makes me happy, as it gives me a sense of freedom and choice.

In various previous posts I have spoken about the large impressive stand Andrex have commissioned us to create.  The stand will tour the country, making stops at many of the largest shopping centres in England. The objective is to spread the word of the new Andrex Washlets product - which I have used by the way, and like a lot. That isn't marketing speak, or an attempt to sell them - I genuinely like them.  You know, if I were to say that on the radio they would no doubt send me free boxes full of them!

This touring set would need to be reconstructed in each location.  The company that does this for us is used to it, it's what they do. However, on this occasion I don't envy them.  The floor to this set is particularly complicated.  It's jigsaw like, made up of circular prints varying in size from 1.8 meters in diameter, to 0.9 meters in diameter.  If you were to look directly down from the ceiling you would see water ripples overlapping. It would be impossible to print something that large, so each ripple had to me cut separately and placed correctly. The artwork for this part of the job took me the best part of three days.  It was mathematics intensive and the files were extremely large. 

Check the other posts for full stand graphics and layout.





No comments: